The REALTORS® Association of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc. (RANW), is a trade organization recognized and affiliated under a three-way agreement with the Wisconsin REALTORS® Association, and the National Association of REALTORS®.
The objectives of the Northeast Association are to:
- Unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession in the Northeast community for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the profession and related interest.
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Further the interest of home and other real property ownership
- Unite those engaged in the real estate profession in the community with the Wisconsin REALTORS® Association and the National Association of REALTOR®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the state and nation, and obtaining the benefits and privileges of membership therein.
- Designate, for the benefit of the public, individuals authorized to use the terms REALTOR® as licensed, prescribed, and controlled by the National Association of REALTORS®.
The REALTORS® Association of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc., is a non-profit corporation governed by a nine-member Board of Directors elected annually by RANW REALTOR® members. From the seated Board, Officers are elected by the Directors, and include the President, President-Elect, and Secretary/Treasurer, who with the Executive Vice-President make up the Executive Committee.
The Board serves for the calendar year. Directors are elected to serve three-year terms, unless they are replacing a Director during his/her term.
The Board of Directors of the REALTORS® Association of Northeast Wisconsin Multiple Listing Service, Inc., is a subsidiary corporation of RANW, Inc. whose Board of Directors is comprised of the same Directors who serve for RANW, Inc.
Click here for more information on our Leadership.
The REALTORS® Association of Northeast Wisconsin is governed by corporate Bylaws which are approved by the Board of Directors. Optional amendments to the Bylaws are noticed to the membership with provisions for comment and consideration prior to final approval. The Bylaws are given to each Broker periodically, to each REALTOR® member at Orientation, and available here for your reference. RANW Bylaws
In addition to the Bylaws, the Association has policies approved from time to time by the Board of Directors that cover membership, administration, events and services, etc. These policies are available on request.
The Multiple Listing Service is governed by Bylaws as well, but is primarily operated under a comprehensive set of Rules and Regulations for both MLS and the Commercial Investment Exchange (CIE).
Click here for more information on MLS Policies and Rules and Regulations.