Check out the Government Affairs News page for updates HERE!
On September 26th, at the Fox Cities Housing Strategy Forum, almost 100 attendees from a broad range of housing and community stakeholders who attended left the event with a new perspective on our housing challenges in the Fox Cities, prospective solutions to those challenges and a growing sense of shared commitment to working collaboratively on a regional basis. Watch the video HERE!
Another Successful REALTOR & Government Day!
On February 9th nearly 300 REALTORS® from around the state gathered for WRA's annual REALTOR® & Government lobby day in Madison. Thank you to everyone for taking time out of your busy schedules to further our advocacy mission!
As part of this day, RANW members met with legislators and their staff in the Assembly Parlor of the capitol to discuss four issues WRA is currently working on: Workforce Housing; Homeowners Associations; 40-Yr Expiration of Access Easements; and Foreclosure Equity Theft. You can view the complete talking points on these issues here. Once again, REALTORS® demonstrated the collective strength and influence the industry has in shaping laws and public policy that affects home ownership and property rights in Wisconsin. Watch the recap video HERE!
Thank You to All RANW Neighborhood Outreach Volunteers!
Thank you to all the volunteers for RANW's 14th Annual Neighborhood Outreach Day! A total of 195 members were able to help 41 elderly and disabled homeowners through Northeast Wisconsin!! Click here for pictures!
NEW Fair Housing Brochure
RANW is pleased to announce the availability of a brand-new Fair Housing brochure created and co-branded with NeighborWorks Green Bay! The printing of the brochure was made possible with a Fair Housing Grant by the National Association of REALTORS®.
A PDF of the brochure will soon be available on the RANW website and color copies are available for free to RANW companies. Brokers and office managers can request copies by contacting Jennifer Sunstrom at email@example.com.
Click HERE to view the brochure.
Calling All Direct Givers
When should I send in my contribution? Well, today would be great! We are officially in RANW's Direct Giver Fundraising period. We ask that all members who have been Direct Givers, or wish to become new Direct Givers please send in your contribution now so that we are able to help candidates who are raising funds and campaigning for the November election. The WRA Direct Giver Program provides an alternative to an RPAC contribution for members who:
-wish to retain full control and direction over who will receive their political contributions
-wish to give personal contributions to candidates for local and state elections and at the same time benefit the REALTORS® Association
Direct Giver Process
1. Solicitations: The minimum contribution is $100.00.
2. Checks: Checks can be used and must be made to the WRA Direct Giver Program (not RPAC). Checks can be sent to RANW, W6124 Aerotech Dr., Appleton, WI 54914.
3. Credit Cards: You may also pay on-line via credit card. Click here and login to the WRA site. Or you can call Jennifer at 920.739.9108 with your credit card information and she will take care of it.
4. Control: Contributions to the Direct Giver Program are deposited in a separate bank account from RPAC contributions. Structurally, the WRA then acts like a bank, with disbursements permitted only with the explicit authorization of the contributor. That is, you retain full control on how your direct giver money is spent.
5. Directing Contributions: Contributors may at any time direct their contributions, in whole or in part, to any candidate for local, state or federal office. When disbursing funds, contributors can email or call RANW or WRA to indicate how they wish their money to be distributed.